Tip for the day

Isn't it strange that evolution would give us a sense of humor? When you think about it, it's weird that we have a physiological response to absurdity. We laugh at nonsense. We like it. We think it's funny. Don't you think it odd that we appreciate absurdity? Why would we develop that way? How does that benefit us? I suppose if we couldn't laugh at things that don't make sense we couldn't react to a lot of life. I can't tell if that's funny or really scary. Calvin

Don’t struggle to change. Struggle strengthens what you are trying to change.
- Cheri Huber


A day without laughter is a day wasted.
- Charlie Chaplin


I'm sure you already know, but if you hit 'READ MORE', the article opens, if it is not already open. If you click my anger mgt. banner, the entire list opens.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

BEULAH LAND

This is a rare post with little writing from me. I just want to remember the day.
I grew up about a half a mile away from here. My club put on this shoot.

Here are some Pics from our 3D shoot in Beulah Colorado and some of the greatest people in the world.


Can you tell Teresa is having fun?

THE MARLEYNATOR

T


Jeff is demonstrating either a release or how to look like a monkey without trying. Most of my family drag our knuckles.


This is Buzz, my old hunting partner of about twenty years ago. I just happened to run into him after not seeing him in about fifteen years. When we were younger he was so thin he didn't need camouflage, he just stood sideways. He has weathered time better than me. Seeing him was one of the highlights of my day. I couldn't shoot with him because he was in compound bow class. I didn't hold it against him.

This is brother Tim. I think it was his first shoot too, in spite of the cool hat.
No one is more serious about shooting than Jeff.





Carl, Theresa's husband showing great form.

One of the many Jeffs.

I think it was this little guys first shoot. He is having a blast.

This is me shooting with Marly and James in the foreground.

Who belong to which arrow?

There has never been a creek here, It just rained the night before. Unfortunately

Theresa is kicking some foam butt.


One of our better shots.

A plethora of great shots. Unfortunately target was hiding behind a post. Real javalenas are almost as tough as that post.

Me and my brother Jeff. I'm in possession of both of our shared brain cells at the moment, making my next shot in my head.

This Dino target and the water makes this look like a Hunter Thompson entry. I've lost 60 pounds and I still look like a fat man. These targets were put up the day before, or they wouldn't all be set up in the water. In twenty years I have never seen water like this here. I'm starting to pump my fist, as Carl and I both punched the kill zone.

We caught Marley's arrow mid flight Sadie is in the black tee shirt. Marly is an outrageously great shot and only just turned eight.


Jeff is sawing out an arrow that a compound shooter left.

Theresa is nailing this goat.
All in all we all had a memorable and delightful day in spite of the water and humidity. It's all about friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment