Tip for the day

Isn't it strange that evolution would give us a sense of humor? When you think about it, it's weird that we have a physiological response to absurdity. We laugh at nonsense. We like it. We think it's funny. Don't you think it odd that we appreciate absurdity? Why would we develop that way? How does that benefit us? I suppose if we couldn't laugh at things that don't make sense we couldn't react to a lot of life. I can't tell if that's funny or really scary. Calvin

Don’t struggle to change. Struggle strengthens what you are trying to change.
- Cheri Huber


A day without laughter is a day wasted.
- Charlie Chaplin


I'm sure you already know, but if you hit 'READ MORE', the article opens, if it is not already open. If you click my anger mgt. banner, the entire list opens.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

KILL THE EASTER BUNNY


This post is all over the place, but that's due to a sugar overdose.










As I sit here, I am eating part of a chocolate Easter Bunny wondering how I became eighty pounds over weight. Sixty pounds ago my skinny brother almost killed himself laughing watching me try to get in a tree stand. There are jelly beans, M&M's, caramel filled eggs, Peeps, and a whole assortment of things to induce a diabetic coma sitting in a green and pink basket. I have chocolate all over my face and my eyes are glazed. I think I'm turning in to an Oompa Loompa in a river of chocolate. If Easter itself wasn't enough, we also celebrated my son's birthday the same day this year, so there was about five pounds of some kind of a brown sugar, chocolate, and heath bar cake with ice cream.




Chocolate river
When I was a bachelor I had ketchup, Tobasco Sauce, crackers, Vienna Sausages, and usually a selection of three different kinds of canned chili in my refrigerator... then I got married. I mentioned to my new bride I was tired of tacos about a month into our marriage and she didn't cook again till my son was born ten years later. That worked for me. Except for her occasionally buying cookies there was no problem. I remained svelte. Then she had the baby and I never lost the weight.

My son is nineteen and still at home, so over the years Hon has turned into a baking fiend. Every Saturday or Sunday morning I wake up to muffins, cinnamon rolls, and all types of baked goods. She bakes cakes and cookies, makes candy, and brings home treats from her work. She works for a wholesaler of foods so she brings home lots of goodies. 

Nowadays if my supper doesn't have pork, red meat in it or cheese on it, it doesn't taste right. I hate fish and chicken. The celery in the fridge is limp and black. The vegetable drawer is filled with lunch meat and cheese.




I'm sure Halloween candy will be displayed as soon as the half price Easter candy is gone in the stores. As long as there is candy in the grocery store, there is always candy in the house. There is always candy in the grocery store as you well know. You are saying to yourself right now "You don't have to eat it!" What the hell is the matter with you! That's like saying "Look at all the air. You don't have to breathe it."

In desperation I pulled out the Kirby vacuum the other day. It is a marvel. It almost does everything except your taxes. It has a massager, a spray painter, a rug shampooer, a sander, a floor polisher, a blower, a thing to blow up air mattress with, a thing to remove dog hair from your couch, but there is no frikkin liposuction attachment. Someone at Kirby overlooked it. I may have to call Roto Rooter because I've become too fat to fish. Wouldn't that be great? Suck out all the fat once a week and then replace it!

My brain knows we have enough food in the house to survive a holocaust, but my body is convinced there's a famine coming. It's sure I will start starving tomorrow so it won't let go of a single atom of my lard storage. The fat just keeps accumulating and never goes away.

They say America is overweight because of fast food. We eat Poppa Murphy's Pizza once a week, but that's not the beginning of the problem! We eat sweets. We are overweight because we eat too damn many sweets, grease and carbohydrates. By we I mean me and a majority of my readers. Moms of America, Help! Food is not love! We have been turned into zombified  frikkin sugar addicts! I'm getting my mother's thighs, and I can pinch an inch on my forehead!

At our house, we are always on a diet except when we're eating and we never seem to stop eating.  I have learned how to eat in my sleep, for gosh sakes! I wake up to empty boxes of cereal. Entire blocks of cheese are missing in the morning. There are empty cookie packages strewn everywhere. If the food wasn't there I wouldn't eat it. I even seem to brush my teeth afterwards.

Well I'm almost out of Easter candy, and all these exclamation points are making me breathe hard. I'd better go get some half price stuff before it's gone. 

How are you faring this holiday? I'll bet you don't have Christmas or Valentines candy left. If you're skinny. I hate you.


the grinning Jabba  out.

No comments:

Post a Comment